Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Just the Two of Us

We were so happy to be away from everything and everyone. Phones were still on airplane mode and we enjoyed sleeping in.  One morning as my husband was still asleep, I escaped to the balcony of our hotel room to have a little talk with Jesus. It was early in the morning and the sun had not even shown it's face. I took note of the ladies doing yoga and longed to be practicing on the beach with them.

I told God I know that all of what I went through the last few years was building my testimony to help others but I was just so tired and weak. Doctor after doctor, tests after tests, a 5% chance of ever conceiving despite the PCOS misdiagnosis, tear after tear..... I'm tired.

As the sun rose, He spoke to me and said, "My child, I see your tears, I know how you feel just trust me. The doctors gave you a 5% chance of ever conceiving but my GRACE is sufficient. I can do above what the doctors have done. Your tests are building your testimony for you to help others. I'm not punishing you! I love you!"  I love Him too. There is a reason for everything and I guess this journey was not solely about my husband and I. In fact, it was so much bigger than the two of us. I got up, showered, watched the news and began planning a day for my husband. He definitely deserved it just as much as I did.

The Sunrise 
Yoga on the beach

My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful vacation. We shopped, slept, ate, relaxed, and REALLY enjoyed the alone time with each other. I fell in love with him all over again. We promised we would come back and visit our secret spot and enjoy the time that we shared with each other. More importantly we will always remember that this is the place where we were able to quietly commune with God. We fell in love all over again... Just the two of us!






Pictures from our Vacation:
             



No comments:

Post a Comment