Sunday, September 25, 2016

Oh What a Difference A Year Makes...................



"For this child we have prayed and the Lord granted me what we asked of Him." 1 Samuel 1:27




Today makes a year since the day I thought I lost everything. It was on September 25, 2015, when we were in the final days of the SC Annual Conference of the AME Church. If you recall the blog, We've Got to Get Out of Here, I was on the verge of a breakdown. (Click here to See Blog: We've Got to Get Out of Here) I literally felt like I was losing everything. This included but not limited to, my peace, my faith, my marriage, my sanity, and I even felt like I had lost me.

It was on this day the doctor had given us yet another "NO" letting us know we weren't pregnant from our last and final fertility treatment. It was on that day we were told our options for treatment were maxed out with three tries and we would have to go a more expensive route with only a 5% chance of it working.

Who knew that at this very moment when I felt like all was lost, He was literally stirring my womb and preparing it for Baby Braylen Jael?  Who knew that exactly three days later while on vacation we would conceive one of the most precious miracles ever? My husband often says, "If we lose everything, if we have Jesus we have enough to start all over again!"  And that's what we did! We prayed like never before and we rejoiced knowing that even if we never got pregnant, never bore any children of our own, if we had Jesus and each other we had enough to start all over again.

Today I rejoice! I rejoice knowing that even when I thought all was lost, God loved me so much that He began putting me back together again and in doing so, blessed my womb.

One year after falling apart God has put so many things back together again because of Baby Braylen. Through her, He has restored my faith where I have been able to transparently help hundreds of women who are going through difficulty expanding their family. He has made me fall in love with my husband all over again. I also see how family relationships are being restored and made stronger.

I recall, the day in which we shared with our Hopwell AME Church family, we were with child. One of the associate ministers, Rev. Brenda Blackstock prophesied to my inner man on that Sunday. Paraphrasing her, she explained how God in the Bible had to shut Hannah's womb not to punish her but she surmised that the Lord shut her womb to prepare her for the great Samuel who would be her son. (1 Samuel 1: 1-20). She prophetically spoke to my womb and the seed that lie there that this child would be great, a prophet, a strong carrier of the Word of God! I believe it!

So today I love on our baby girl even more! For this is the child we prayed for and God answered us! Her name is Braylen Jael... Jael is the heroine in the Bible who killed Sisera to deliver Israel from the troops of King Jabin. She is our heroine because she continues to show us the true meaning of love and faith!



Exactly a year after doctors gave us a no... we are smiling with our gift from God because He always has the final say!

#faithToFertility
#BraylenJael

Scripture: 1 Samuel 1:27
Song: Made A Way by Travis Green


"Made A Way"


You, made a way
Don't know how but you did it
Made a way
Standing here not knowing how we'll get through this test
But holding onto faith you know best
Nothing can catch you by surprise
You've got this figured out and you're watching us now
But when it looks as if we can't win
You wrap us in your arm and step in
And everything we need you supply
You got this in control
And now we know that

You made a way

No comments:

Post a Comment